What is Unity?
People often ask, "What is Unity?" Unity is a Positive Path for Spiritual Living. We are Christian and more in that we welcome people of all faiths and philosophies and honor all paths that lead to God. We are seekers and explorers of Truth. Our primary emphasis is on the practical application of universal, spiritual principles that transform lives. Through the practical application of these spirutal principles, as taught by Jesus Christ, every person can realize and express his or her divine potential for a healthier, happier and more successful life.
How Unity Began
Unity began in the late 1800's during the time of the transcendentalists like Emerson, Whitman, Thoreau, etc. Our founders, Charles and Myrtle Fillmroe were seekers of Universal Truth and sought to find the Truth in all philosophies. Charles and Myrtle Fillmore believed in the healing power of prayer and both experience healing through prayer.
Silent Unity Prayer line: 800-669-7729
5 Basic Unity Beliefs: (you can belong to Unity without committing to these beliefs)
1. There is only One Presence and One Power, God the absolute good.
2. Our essence is Divine and therefore we are all inherently good.
3. We believe in the Creative process, that our thoughts, feelings, beliefs & words help to shape our lives.
4. We practice two types of prayer: Affirmative Prayer and Quiet Meditative Prayer
5. Knowing and understanding these Truths are not enough... We choose to live these Truths (as taught by Jesus Christ) in our Daily lives.